Lesson Learned: Overlooking The Tried And True
Today I have many things I would like to blog about. Great ideas that came from some really good sources. But instead I am going to discuss a Lesson Learned that I nearly made me miss the boat. The thing that gets me the most though, is the fact that what I needed to do was right there, staring me in the face. Just like the monkey here and I was so focused on trying to get "the water" I almost missed what I needed to do. I have recently decided to get in touch with my downline members, just to check up and see how they were doing. So I sent out an e-mail, and, in one case where no response was received facebook direct connect and skype request for a time that calling would be good for them.
Tried and True Phone
The problem came in that this one person never responded and after several attempts I "assumed" she was no longer interested and just stopped trying. Till one day a few weeks later I got a frantic e-mail. Just got your message, it was all in my spam, canceled it all cause you weren't around PLEASE HELP!!! So I finally picked up the phone and did the one thing I should have done from the beginning. Can you say Lesson Learned? In the end all was saved, it was much time spent undoing the damage I did by Overlooking The Tried and True.
Yes, technology is great. Yes, many can and do communicate quite effectively through many mediums of online contact. BUT there is nothing like the Tried and True, Lesson Learned about the good ole' fashion phone call.
Simple Things To Remember to avoid this look
An increasing amount of my friends of late have had their lives turned topsy turvy online and they all seem to say the same things when questioned about how they got caught in the unfriendly web of a tripster.
So I decided to put out the Simple Things to Rememberthat I use as guidelines.
1. To combat those that have nothing better to do than upset peoples lives by taken over their facebook or skype. Always ask when a"friend" posts on your wall, "Come check this out..."or "I am using this application now come try it."
2. It is one of the Simple Things to Remember to Never, Never click links that you did not request, without first confirming that it is from your friend. EVEN if the friend types a message with the link. I have found "bots", viruses, and hackers do not respond to queries and if, on rare occasion, they do, it is easy to spot that it is not your friend.
Some tips that are Simple Things to Remember For my female friends:
3. If the friend request starts with or the conversation starts with: "I saw your profile and you are lovely" or any version of that. RUN, FAST to the delete/block option and remove them.
4. If they ask if you are married and how old you are in the first few conversations...delete them, they are scammers looking for women, usually in their 40's, that they think will be easy prey because they are alone.
Another easy rule of thumb that is Simple to Remember:
5. If you see that the page of a man asking to friend you is mostly or all females, has generic or no information related to business, and is usually representing himself as being young, then he is most likely not looking for business contacts and rarely wants to be just friends. Sometimes, just for fun; I will accept them, then throw them a business opportunity that costs significant money. If they are a scammer or up to no good they will refuse on the basis that it costs them money, without ever looking at it.
6. This one is a given Simple thing to Remember, if they ask for connection in skype or anywhere, in a language not your own, chances are they are NOT looking for just friends, hit ignore and move on. Besides why would you want to connect with someone that cannot speak your own language or at least one that you speak? Translators are great, and in the business world that is a must. But at least be able to say hello in the language of the one you wish to speak with.
Simple Things To Remember if it ever happens
Finally, if you do wind up with ads all over your page or fake posts going out to all your friends, don't panic, go to your account and change your password...if it is an application remove it first and then change your password. Oh and just in case: write down or save your contacts to another location so if you get locked out you can recover much faster. Happy Surfing my friends and Remember the Simplest Things can make the difference between hack 'em or whack 'em and you want to be the whacker.
For more info on Kathy's businesses or to learn more ways to promote yourself online in any business, click the link and send me a friend request! http://www.facebook.com/cooleykat
Love transforms us in ways we could never dream, makes the impossible possible, and allows us to break free from the prison of our own fears and doubts.
Edward Grinnan, editor-in-chief of Guideposts, author of The Promise of Hope
I was reminded today of something I wrote about in the past and decided that it was time to repeat it, changed to mirror changes in me of course.
"Network Marketing programs are a lot like best friends: Everyone has a best friend, Not everyone is your best friend." Kathleen Cooley
I think that in all the hype and sharing we are exposed to today about network marketing, the one thing we seem to forget is as simple as the statement I made at the beginning of this note and I believe it so strongly I am going to repeat it.
"Network Marketing programs are a lot like best friends: Everyone has a best friend, Not everyone is your best friend."
There are plenty of great opportunities out there and they all offer the opportunity to make an extra income. They all proclaim the songs of "we are the best" and "happy to help you."
But how can they all sing these songs? Certainly someone is lying! Or are they?
There are many reasons that people don't succeed in network marketing but I am only going to discuss one today:
Best Opportunity and Best Friends
The simplest reason of all: It just isn't a good fit.How do you know if its a good fit?
1. Does it make you excited when you talk about it?
Example: Do you believe in the products/services and just go on and on till they are rolling their eyes?
2. Can you talk about it in casual conversation, without sounding forced?
Example: Does it sound like your talking about your best friend or like your being flogged with a whip
3. Do you have the desire, the time and the vision to see you as a success with it? This last one is self explanatory
4. Do they offer training in a manner that you can relate too?
This last one is a huge key that most people miss.
If You are a hands on, walk me step by step learner:
Then a grand meeting every week full of:
Fluff = Forever, Lifting, Up, Famous, Friends.
Where all you hear is great testimonies of success with occasional tidbits of learning, is not for you. This type of program demands you learn from their website, on your own.
You need a program that will offer you step by step instructions with a person SHOWING you how to do it. Written scripts for those who prefer to read, videos and Live training where you can follow along as they work the business are really the only type of program that will bring you success.
Best Opportunity and Best Friends
Now that you know how to determine your best friend, in your best opportunity:
Go sort through what you have and ask yourself is this my Best Opportunity and Best Friend?
To learn more about me and My Best Friend Network Marketing Program check this out:
I LOVE AND APPRECIATE MYSELF
One thing that I have found in my life is the fact that I am more than my past and it does not have to be my future.
My choices do not have to be what controls who I am and what I do today. I do not have to let my past shame, my past fears, the past lies others have spoken, define me. Regardless of what you struggled with in your past, you can make a choice right now to be different
I choose where I am going, living in this big world with access to anything via the internet. Whether it be moving, leaving a relationship, stepping into a new role a work or even starting your own business. YOU can do it!
YOU ARE MORE THAN YOUR PAST!
You can choose to learn new ways, break free today, reach for the stars! You are Somebody Special and You can make a difference and what stopped you before does not have to stop you today!
Some recommended reading:
The Secret Code to Success By Noah St. John
The Dream Book by Billy Cox
Marriage, Divorce and Remarriage by Kenneth Hagin Sr.
To connect with me in real time friend me on Facebook
Or contact me on skype: Kcsline
I am an Online student at Kaplan University working on getting my Bachelors in Communications. I write free lance articles and work as an online marketer and business associate.
I love Work at Home Forum.com